Hieno, travel
Comments 28

The Wedding Post!

Okay folks! Today i am going to blog about three weddings I’d recently attended– Singaporean Indian, Taiwanese and South Korean. I’m 25 this year, and soooo many precious people around me are starting to get married; so I have decided to blog about it to spread the joy!~~❤ This traditional cake picture is for my sister’s wedding…🙂

traditional chinese wedding cake

…next month, Thank GOD!!😀 At least I can take a simple break from this attending-wedding frenzy!😀

First up…the Magnificent Indian Wedding!

guest book

The above is a really smart idea: A guest book which has your photos and comments!!😀 They take your photo instantly, right before you write your words of blessings for the new couple. We took our photos before we entered the hall.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Indian weddings!!! They are so colourful and happy and filled with blessings. Most of the guests are dressed really in colourful saris and all, and everywhere were eye candies😀 And as compared to the Chinese weddings, they are efficient. Basically our wedding feast has this time period of 6.30-9.30 when you can drop by anytime to give your blessings to the new couple. Dinner is served ANYTIME within this period. Yes, you got me right, anytime! They will arrive at 7pm, and then everyone will eat first, and then queue up to take photos with them. Look at the queue!😀

They have food for vegetarian and non-vegetarians! Mad yumms!

I just feel so happy for my neighbour!~ They are super compatible.

wedding hall

Yep! Some of the really pretty furnishing in the hall.🙂 And Nik and I love the following pic:

…The magnificent, efficient photographer!!! He just held two professional cameras with different lens on his side, so that he can switch whenever he wishes!!😀😀😀

Next Up is the Taiwanese Wedding~~❤ This girl is really special to me even though we are not close. Okay sounds strange, but super long story. She is like a God-ordained sister.

But yes!!~~ She had her wedding in a super rustic and traditional church!!! Very nice feel to the whole occasion.

Sighs! So many pretty flower balls❤

Then there is the night event, where the theme is VIDEO GAMES. Can you freaking imagine it??? We were dining to the Mario di-di-di-di-di music when he jumps up and down.😀

Congrats once again, Tinx!~~😀

Haha I love this picture❤

Okie last up for the post: Korean Unnie Shinji’s Wedding.

south korea 3

*wish for Unnie: Make a baby soon! He’s gonna be soooo cute!!!

south korea

The pretty hall where they got married❤ The whole ceremony lasted for 30 minutes only!! impressive no?

I think it is only the Chinese people– yea, all over the world– who will drag it until 5-6hours.

We were given this really cute ticket to collect our lunch after the ceremony. THE SOUP IS REALLY NICE!!! I’d never tasted such heavenly pork soup in my whole entire life. No wonder they say that in any wedding celebration, soups are a must.😀

Oh yes, and alcohol are a must too, look at how much soju we had.😀 Check out who’s the reddest of them all.

south korea2

Haha, me and the bride after she changed into her traditional costume.😀 The basket is from me! With love from all the JAL scholars, sending their congratulatory messages to unnie❤

Anyway I am just super happy for unnie lah❤😀 Teared so much during the wedding. She deserves her happiness😀😀😀

Some things to note about weddings wherever you are:

(¯`•.•)♥  Check the custom first ok! For finns it is ok to give Kitchen Knives. Technically speaking, yes it is a good idea, because it is practical! Food is important to any marriages, and knife cuts food so it just makes sense! BUT! For Chinese ANYWHERE AROUND THE WORLD, It is a booboo! There is a saying in Chinese/Japanese/Korean that knife cuts ties and bonds, so you do not give terrible knives to the newly weds!~

(¯`•.•)♥ Check the dress code too. Some places? No black at all. Black is a sinister colour.

(¯`•.•)♥ Taiwanese in particular believes in no knives, shoes, watches, fans as presents for weddings. They all have their negative symbolism so let’s not mess with it.

I think that should be all. What do you guys think of weddings? Tell me in the comments!~

Wow I never thought it is so tiring to photoshop all the photos and BLOG! Kudos to ALL credible bloggers!~~❤❤❤

This entry was posted in: Hieno, travel
Tagged with: , , ,

Wan Wei is a PR practitioner with a heart for pretty things. Formally trained in public relations and quantitative economics, she is also a contributor to various ecosystems in Europe and Asia. Drop her a PM or visit her blog! :)

1. My wedding was simple and yet memorable..
    Because all my BFFs and family are there to give us their blessings!
    Remembered all e things our families friends / sisters did, rushing cheering, having fun basically we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and I am glad to be part of theirs weddings too!

• Hey Kathy!! Thanks for commenting! Yea it seems like the simplest things in weddings make it more memorable, isn’t it?

2. My marriage was the best moment i and my family ever had. Seeing my mum very happy looking at me getting married after years of taking care of me. My dad who is strong almost cried on my wedding day. It happened so fast and im now married to my dream man for already 1year 1month.

3. Your post is really interesting!love your post! I also want to have a perfect wedding of my own ! Til I find my Prince Charming!!

4. Lee Bebe says

I think wedding is a happy ceremony that brings the entire family together.

5. Torri Anne Gnin says

wow…this is a really interesting & informative post! it’s nice that you got to attend different culture’s weddings!!! Did you travel there?! I liked the part where you gave advice on what to give. LOL kitchen knives. HAHAHAHA. i imagined one knife wrapped in a serviet >__> but come to think of it i wouldn’t mind receiving a set of knives for my wedding! useful leh! especially if it’s a good brand of knives that cuts really well HAHA.

• Yea! That was exactly niko’s logic!! Hahahhahahahhahaha~ he was puzzled why nobody gives knives for weddings :p

6. wedding? it’s happy thing..i feel likes but i still haven’t meet my Mr Right🙂 i hope he come to me soon…it’s been a year since my bf married someone else,actually we already had a plan of our wending day but fate broke us a part😦 & now i just enjoy being alone and i believe one day i will have a very happy&beautiful wedding Day with someone that i Truly love

• Hey Hunns!!! That day will come. You’re so pretty, it is the dude’s loss!! Remember to update me when your turn comes kk!!🙂

7. Missy Grace L says

Wedding is a day to be happy and blessed with all the good wishes from friends and family members. It’s a once in a life time event to be pretty in the wedding grown.

8. Chay Hwai says

Attending a wedding dinner is a great feeling to know that the couple in love is finally getting together to start a family of their own. It’s great to meet up with friends at the restaurant and enjoying the delicious food together.

9. Wedding, a joyous and blissful occasion, brings all harmony between the lovebirds and people around them. Blessed occasion for everyone to enjoy. Interesting blog here🙂 Thumbs up!

10. Even though I do not have a wedding of my own but just a simple ceremony with closed friends and my loved ones, I do enjoy going to weddings, having nice food and have people topping up my wine before it’s finished. I love collecting the different wedding favors and catching up with “long time no see” relatives or friends. The only drawback is always in deciding how much to give or what gifts to buy🙂

• Hey PH Pang!!😀 Thank you for the comment. Yea i guess so, I love the part on “people topping up my wine before it is finished”! hahaha so true~~~❤

11. Kaori L. says

I love weddings for three reasons. First and foremost is because it’s a chance to be reunited with relatives and friends who I may not have seen in many years. Since a lot of my relatives and friends live in different parts of the world, seeing them again at weddings makes the occasion even more memorable. Secondly, I love weddings because they are a celebration. A celebration of the start of a ‘new life’ for someone close to me. I love the fact that weddings have such positive vibes and everyone is in good spirits. Lastly, I love weddings because they give me an excuse to dress up (I am a girl, after all ;)). There aren’t many occasions where you can wear that gorgeous set of heels or that fabulous dress languishing in my closet. So, I make it a point to go all out during weddings and look my best🙂 Here’s to attending more weddings in the future! Cheers!😀

• Hey Kaori!~~❤ Love your comment, it is so girly and positive!!😀😀😀 yea, weddings are so fun!!~~ Show me a pic of your gorgeous outfit the next time you attend a dinner yea!~~

12. Hong Jingting says

I love attending wedding becuase it have a very warmth feeling, going through the video montage of how to couple get together to the point the march in and then to the fun in their morning gate crashing. Its such a amazing feeling and I think many effort must have put in to this importance day of the couple.

13. rong zhen says

In the weddings that I went to, I like the part where the guests would be shown how they met and fell in love. At this point, it was very moving, and usually the bride would cry a little. Sometimes, even the audience (yah, me!) would cry too. I like how they overcame the highs and lows in the relationship, and eventually got together to live together for the rest of their lives.